301-i. Advice on ToR: EIA for limestone mine
The NCEA advised on Terms of Reference (ToR) for an EIA for a limestone open pit mine.
Advisory reports and other documents
|Memorandum by the NCEA|
FMO asked the NCEA to review four EIA reports for different components of the Obajana Cement Complex in Nigeria. The NCEA has submitted an advisory review, covering these four reports. Subsequently, FMO requested the NCEA to advise on Terms of Reference (ToR) for the EIA report for an open pit limestone quarry.
The NCEA drafted an advice of the secretariat to fulfil this request. The ToR is advised to contain the following sections:
- Contents of the EIA report;
- Policy, legal and administrative framework;
- Project description;
- Environmental and socio-economic baseline study;
- Potential environmental impact;
- Monitoring and decommissioning;
- Guidelines for a water management plan, waste management plan, and environmental managment plan.
Members of the working group
Technical secretary: mr A.J. Kolhoff
Last modified: 10 Jul 2018