017-i. Advisory review: studies for Punjab tannery clusters
The NCEA reviewed studies and associated documents concerning technologies used in tannery clusters in Punjab. It recommended several actions to improve decision-making on the associated project proposals.
Rapports consultatifs et autres documents
05 feb 1996: Other
The Netherlands Minister for Development Cooperation asked the NCEA to advise on appraisal of several studies associated with tannery clusters in Punjab, including:
- 'Introduction of cleaner technologies in tannery clusters of Punjab';
- 'Techno-economic study of combined effluent treatment plants for tannery clusters in Punjab';
- Project proposals formulated in these studies.
The NCEA concludes a.o. the following:
- There is no complete analysis of the origin of the rapid development of the Pakistan leather industry (and associated environmental problems);
- A priority list should be developed of environmental measures, based on their cost-effectiveness, practicality and fitness for rapid introduction;
- End-of-pipe technologies should be developed complementary to and tuned to in-house arrangements, and should be embedded in city development plans;
- The documents do not provide a clear understanding of the mandate of the Pakistan Tanneries Association.
The NCEA made recommendations on follow-up activities, on the project proposals, and on the possible use of EIA in decision-making processes.
Membres du groupe de travail
|mr J.S.A. Langerwerf|
|mr P.T. Lanser|
|mr I. van der Putte|
Le président du groupe de travail: mr J.W. Kroon
Secrétaire technique: mr R.A.M. Post
|Pakistan Tanners Association (PTA)|
|Autorité de composants|
|Dutch Ministry of Foreign Affairs|
|Commencé:||16 nov 1995|
|Terminé:||05 feb 1996|
Mise à jour: 10 jul 2018